Open Swim is generally all day during our business hours. There are exceptions, such as special events. Please refer to the calendar (icon is located at the top of the screen).
NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY: All swimmers must be 16+ years of age to swim without a parent/guardian. Children under 16 years may swim only under adult (18+ years) parent/guardian supervision.
We offer two pools, a lap pool and a therapy pool. Both are geothermally-heated, along with the showers, pool deck, floors and more!
- Food is not allowed on the pool deck, but can be eaten in the grass area or in the lobby
- Vaping / smoking is not allowed
- Chewing gum and jewelry is not allowed on the pool deck
- There are usually two lane lines in the water for lap swimmers
- Aquatic tools and loaner goggles are available in the lobby
- Toys and loaner life jackets are stored on the pool deck
- The public is welcome to use the pool, but during this time there is no lifeguard on duty and there could be various classes scheduled during this time
- Classes and swim team practices get priority use of the areas of the pool they need. When there is an instructor teaching a class we ask that you please keep noise level to a minimum as a courtesy to the instructor and the members of the class. This is especially important when the dome is up as noise is more amplified
- It's a 25 yard pool, which is the regulated distance for college and high school swimming competitions
- The lap pool temperature is usually between 85 - 89 degrees. The ambient temperature has an impact on the pool temperature
- The starting blocks are to be used only when a lifeguard in on duty. We allow only jumping-in feet first
- No diving is allowed, as the depth is 8 feet. There is a big slab of granite and an aquifer beneath the pool, which limited the pool depth
- The therapy pool is equipped with a swim jet and several multi-massage jets
Temperature is usually 96-98 degrees
- Children under 16 years must have an adult (18+ years) parent/guardian supervision in the therapy pool at all times
- Infants and toddlers should not use the therapy pool due to the risk of overheating or dehydration. Older children can be allowed in for short periods of time
- Toys are not allowed in the therapy pool
*Please be advised that the therapy pool is scheduled to be closed to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00am - 2:00pm for Cascade Medical Center to use for Physical Therapy Patients. The therapy pool will re-open as soon as appointments are finished for the day.